Do you enjoy working on a highly collaborative team to help develop complex systems? Do you want to work for and influence the voice computing industry? Alexa COPS Tech owns the tech for certifications, developer advocacy, publishing, monitoring, policy and security of Alexa Skills. We influence 3 different customer segments - the end users of Alexa Skills , Skill Developers and our internal operations teams - and are working on truly unique problems and inventing solutions for those.
We use the latest technologies and methodologies such as Machine Learning , Natural Language Processing, Serverless Architectures using the latest AWS technologies, and Web based UI. Our systems process 1000+ transactions per second and 500+ GBs of textual data on a daily basis. In 2020 we are making forays into image recognitions and video processing and doubling down on our ML and Data science investments.
Our QAEs are not black box testers! They are able to understand the product both at an end-to-end level as well as the software internals. Our QAEs are expected to write verification tools, build automated tests (UI and backend involving the latest AWS technologies) , surface deep problems in our systems and debug them. You will contribute to tests at code level, component level and user level both manually as well with automated frameworks. As a QAE, you will lead test automation and infrastructure development, verify new designs and influence system level behavior. You will be responsible for building in a culture of quality in the team and driving test strategy and planning, designing test cases, driving test case sign-off with stakeholders, building tools for automated verification, and building automation to use those tools. You will be collaborating heavily with developers on a day to day basis to ensure that they insist on the highest standards and provide quality deliverables. If you have absolute passion for quality and test automation across broad breadth of complexity and are a champion of software quality, this is the position for you.
As a member of the COPS Tech team , you will:
- Serve as an SME for the product that you are handling.
- Lead thru example and build a culture of quality.
- Coach and mentor developers on the team for quality practices and hold them accountable to the highest quality standards.
- Define test metrics, lead automation efforts and constantly explore new test automation tools and methods.
- Exercise strong planning skills, working from the individual test level, through the automation management infrastructure, to the overarching test strategy
- Establish processes and build tools to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports
- Understand component test strategies for product architecture, making technical and risk trade-off decisions at test framework level
- Build load, stress, and soak testing for the system
Ideal candidate profile
> BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
- 3+ years of experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging code in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java , Scala