Design at PillPack
At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, we are using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design has been a vital part of our company's DNA since our founding days as a startup-in-residence at IDEO Cambridge. We are a small, but growing company and you'll have the opportunity to make a big impact on both the company and our customers' lives. We believe in designing experiences that are equally polished for internal users as they are for our end customer. We also believe design is just as much about balancing behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease.
Your ideas come from research you've conducted and experiences you've had. You use a human-centered design approach to solve problems. You're just as interested in inventing and simplifying complex systems as you are focusing on visual design. You've turned ideas from research into sketches and interactive prototypes, and tested them with end users. You've helped teams raise the bar on customer experiences and have thrived in ambiguity. As a designer, you love diving into the details as much as you enjoy shaping the larger system.
What you'll work on:
· You'll use human-centered design to create and help the Product Manager define requirements that deliver world-class customer obsessed experiences in healthcare
· You'll simplify complex operational processes and translate them into elegant user interfaces
· You'll spend your time as a designer and individual contributor leading the UX vision for PillPack Customer Care tools to create an industry-leading experience.
· You'll manage stakeholders across the Customer Care, Consumer Design & Product, Pharmacy Operations & Tech teams and will be instrumental in helping the team navigate ambiguity
· You'll collaborate with researchers to drive ethnographic studies and usability testing and interpret analytics data— you might even conduct your own research
· You'll go deep on consumer insights, and product analytics to identify unseen opportunities that drive product & experience innovation within Pharmacy— delivering workflows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, detailed UI and visual design specifications (including redlines) for web interfaces
· You'll travel to our Customer Care center in Salt Lake City, Utah to conduct primary user research and collaborate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders. Travel cadence will be identified as a team, but may amount to travel up to 10% of the time.
· You'll handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment and collaborate with a highly technical team of Engineers, Product Manager, Data Scientists, and Pharmacy Operation experts to create interfaces and perform post-launch metrics analysis to inform the future strategy and design/UX optimization efforts
· You'll lead tying together the tools and experiences across Pharmacy Tech verticals—including, but not limited to, helping to establish a Pharmacy Tech design system and leading design crits and feedback sessions with the Pharmacy Tech design team. You will also work closely with the Consumer Design team and VP of Experience Design to create a seamless experience for our customers.
· You'll design PillPack, the company— we're a fast paced company and always trying to improve the way we make and work together
Ideal candidate profile
· You have 8+ years of experience designing complex digital products and experiences
· You have a strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success.
· You excel at both Visual design and Ux (wireframes, journey maps, personas) and care just as much about pixels and visual language as you care about the overall strategy. A portfolio with examples of visual and UX work is required to apply for this role
· You navigate ambiguity with ease, are resourceful and creative and use this to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
· You have experience participating in and leading user research and can translate findings into actionable, and novel, human-centered solutions
· You design experiences and consider the whole system and not just the moment you're designing
· You actively seek feedback from all levels and work with other designers to raise the bar
· You hold an equally high bar for visual design and well thought out customer obsessed experiences
· You look for moments to evangelize design and bring people along in the design process
· You're able to present design work to the product team, engineering team, business stakeholders and executives both in-person and remotely
· You're naturally curious and find inspiration beyond the screen; through the people you talk to, analogous experiences, and beyond