Would you like to shape the future of the video entertainment industry for movies, TV and live sports events? Does solving complex problems within large scale systems excite you? If you answered yes, we have an opportunity for you!
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a growing library of high-quality media. Prime Video launched in 2007 and has quickly become a strategic priority for the company, reflected in the service’s recent expansion into over 240 countries and territories worldwide. Amazon invests in acquiring, producing and programming TV shows, movies and live events including must-see exclusive series like Lord of the Rings, Hunters, The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, English Premier League, Thursday Night Football and more.
To help a growing organization quickly deliver more efficient features to Prime Video customers, our core engineering organization is innovating on behalf of our global software development team consisting of thousands of engineers. This organization is building a team specialized in architectural transformation and infrastructure efficiency to support business growth. This team will focus on the long term, break down large projects into cross-functional milestones with value and reshape our global software environment.
As a founding member of the core team, you will apply your deep knowledge of technical program management to problems that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact. You will own the end to end planning, execution and launch of a transformation program that spans all teams within Prime Video. You will work on large scale engineering efforts that solve significantly complex problems facing global customers. You will be trusted to operate with complete independence and are often assigned to focus on areas where the business and/or architectural strategy has not yet been defined. You must be equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as you are drilling into design with development with teams. This program is high visibility and you will be influencing leaders at all levels. This role provides you the opportunity to think big in terms of strategy as well as significantly impact the bottom line.
The ideal candidate should have thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products or services in a very high growth environment. You should be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence. You should have keen business sense and also have developed a deep understanding of technology. Qualified candidates have experience defining programs, mapping product requirements to engineering functional specifications, leading large cross functional and cross organizational programs, and successfully delivering complex programs at high scale. You consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
· Experience delivering digital streaming media products
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
· Master’s degree or other advanced degree in a related field
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
· 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
· Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.