The Amazon Healthcare Benefits Strategy Team is seeking an exceptional Project Manager to work on multiple key initiatives to enhance Amazon’s healthcare benefit programs and services, to simplify and enhance the employee experience, and to drive greater efficiencies in cost management and process improvements. You will work in a dynamic, ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a team focused on healthcare strategy. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to identify problems and develop solutions. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive communication and presentation skills are required. This role is critical in executing project initiatives, providing exceptional internal customer support, and driving functional excellence and process improvement.
Preference for this role to be based in Seattle. Periodic business travel is required.
· Manage, track, and communicate large, complex healthcare projects and initiatives.
· Deliver on roadmap activities and key deliverables, and meet deadlines.
· Support critical relationships, working closely and key internal and external stakeholders.
· Implement standardized project management tools and resources.
· Engage with the strategy team to design and develop innovative solutions.
· Prepare proposals and summary documents for senior leaders.
· 10+ years of experience with complex and high-impact healthcare projects and programs.
· Knowledge of employee healthcare benefit plan design, along with the associated complexities of plan administration, associated payroll processes, and regulatory requirements.
· Experience influencing executives, in partnership with cross functional business leaders, to gain approvals on proposals and recommendations.
· Proven track record of working effectively with people across a large, complex organization to create and launch innovative, successful solutions.
· Master's degree in healthcare, business, finance, HR or related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 7+ years of experience in program or project management
· 7+ years of experience managing teams
· 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· At least 5 years of experience with large-scale employee health plans and delivery.
· A proven track record of delivering large, complex projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization and influence business leaders.
· Strong internal and external customer service focus.
· Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings.
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to anticipate and creatively solve problems and resolve issues with practical and reasonable solutions.
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy of discretion through ambiguous circumstances.
· Great organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Successful record of continuously improving program, efficiencies, and proven abilities to maintain cross organizational partnerships.
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, finance, HR or related field.