Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon’s Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave.
As a Principle Product Manager, you will be accountable for delivering world-class products and software on aggressive schedules that will be used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. You will define products, experiences, and software kits, that deliver innovation in features, usability, and product performance and will be responsible for guiding a cross functional team of engineers and designers to achieve high impact and productivity.
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· A track record of consistently exceeding business growth goals
· Demonstrated ability driving innovation as well as bringing creative ideas of others to market
· MBA or Master’s degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· At least 8 years experience leading product development, product management, and/or program management
· Experience leading the development and launch of consumer devices, including both hardware and software
· Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with connectivity technologies, acoustics, speech recognition and web services.
· A history of excellent judgment, based upon strong market and product vision and excellent data-driven analysis
· Strong oral and written communication; you have the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Undergraduate degree (BS preferred)