Want to drive and evolve a cornerstone of the Amazon shopping experience? Join Customer Reviews – one of the world’s largest community driven products.
We are building transformational new features and enterprise-scale services. The team builds across all shopping categories and devices, and you will bring audacious and reasoned ideas to drive the future of the feature set.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design and architecture for a product that is used every day by millions of customers to make purchase decisions on Amazon. We’re looking for a product leader who is passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, has a high degree of product ownership and judgement, a proven track record of people leadership, and can take the lead on overseeing the activities of cross-functional teams.
The right candidate will bring depth in customer experience, business modeling and product management combined with solid understanding of current web technologies. You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, great judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will manage and grow PM-Ts and partner with the dedicated tech team to bring and ambitious and exacting set of challenges to life from ideation and research through design, testing and launch.
· Manage the product team (~3 to 4 PMTs) to drive the life cycle for reviews.
· Create, build, and implement groundbreaking new customer experience-related features and functions that will impact millions of Amazon customers.
· Lead product development in an agile environment.
· Lead and coordinate efforts cross-functionally with business teams, software development engineers, operations, other product managers, UX designers, and external partners to guarantee smooth and efficient product delivery
· Identify and mitigate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building the best customer experience
· Manage the product roadmap from inception through implementation.
· MBA or Master’s Degree
· 8 or more years of relevant work experience in a software/tech domain
· 3-4 or more years direct experience with high traffic, high volume, data-centric products
· Experience creating and executing business plans
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree
· 8-10 years of product management or similar experience
· Demonstrated success in leading product/system development at scale
· Excellent strategic customer-focused thinking skills demonstrated through multiple successful product release cycles
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; bias toward making data-based decision and comfortable with analysis
· Proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assertions of business value
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
· Superlative written and verbal communication skills
· Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent Bachelor's Degree
· Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product scenarios