Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and make informed buying decisions for physical and digital products. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle and Books at Amazon is an iconic category adored by customers around the world – but it’s still “day one” in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, in all formats, across all their devices.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who can strategically unlock the next stages of our growth and continue to delight more and more customers around the world. This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build exciting, new user experiences for Amazon's customers, with the opportunity to work with Big Data, Machine Learning, and other advanced techniques to provide the best personalized experience for millions of Amazon's customers.
As a Principal PMT on the Books Personalization Experience team, you will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be responsible for creating a prioritized, global, personalization feature roadmap; and partnering cross-functionally to deliver.
The ideal candidate should have thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products or services in a very high growth environment. You should be a strong, collaborative leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and drive team focus to deliver results. You should have a keen business sense and also have developed a deep understanding of technology. Qualified candidates have experience defining program vision and their success metrics, influencing leaders at all levels, writing detailed BRDs and PR/FAQs, and interact effectively with science and engineering teams.
· Experience in ML driven products
· Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) applications.
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 8+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience working cross-functionally with a wide breadth of stakeholders, users, engineers, and business leaders to generate buy-in for the product direction you are setting
· Ability to develop and implement a strategic vision
· Experience working with engineers to build products that customers love
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions to best meet product requirements
· Bachelor's Degree