Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to help define and deliver our partner acceleration activities within our AWS Partner Network. The AWS Partner Network (APN) includes tens of thousands of consulting partners, systems-integrators, technology partners, ISVs, distributors, and value-added resellers that are using AWS as their cloud delivery platform around the world.
As a Public Sector Partner Development Rep, you will have the exciting opportunity to enable and grow our ecosystem of partners in the US Public Sector.
This role will be responsible for identifying and developing relationships with partners that will become the next generation of AWS strategic public sector partners. The right individual will work hand in hand with the partners to educate and refine their AWS technical skills and government procurement capabilities. Success in this role is delivering a go to market ready partner that is driving revenue growth and customer adoption of AWS powered solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and field sales account managers. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and enable high-value partners that have potential to drive revenue and deliver best-in-class solutions powered by AWS.
· Effectively develop, manage and measure a large number of partner enablement and go-to-market requests.
· Manage and jointly close a pipeline of customer opportunities developed with our partners.
· Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, sales, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.) to further develop partner strategies and processes.
· Utilize CRM systems (SalesForce), data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics.
· Present the AWS value and positioning of solutions to partners that are relevant to public sector customers.
· Navigate prospective partners to identify new revenue opportunities in a focused market space.
· Manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
· Ability to travel as necessary (up to 50% travel).
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree.
· 3+ years of sales, sales operations or related experience in the support of sales teams in public sector IT
· 1+ years of business development experience in enterprise technology or cloud-based solutions
· 1+ years in channel or partner development/management