Do you consider yourself one of the premier Network Engineers in the industry today? Would you like the opportunity to become even better and face unparalleled, yet fascinating challenges? The Corporate Network Engineering team at Amazon is looking for a highly experienced Network Engineer to architect and for Amazon's internal facilities around the globe. This position will collaborate with a team of like-minded engineers located in different regions around the world to and shape the future of networks at Amazon.
· Design and build cutting-edge, multi-vendor connectivity solutions to support Amazon’s growth worldwide.
· Drive scaling current network designs to meet the demand of our customers
· Work with vendors and cross-functional teams for on-going design efforts and systems support.
· Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and ensure our network continues to meet their demands
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our network quality and reliability
· Work closely with our teams to assist in defining the tools we require
· Create simple processes that help operate and build our network
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
· 5+ years professional experience working in large scale environments.
· Experience with internet and concepts: , ISIS and/or OSPF
· Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
· Experience working in a /Unix environment
· Experience in via / and / programming.