Amazon and COVID19
Safety is our priority. We are interviewing virtually for this role (and wherever possible).
Read more about how we’re responding to the crisis here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
AMAZON UK MECHATRONICS MAINTENANCE APPRENTICE PROGRAM
Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations; people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
After graduating with us, you will be qualified to apply for a permanent role within our team. Different programs are available throughout the UK, across our operations and corporate offices.
Mechatronics maintenance apprenticeship
Amazon is the perfect place to start your career in mechatronics maintenance. As one of the world’s largest retail companies, we have an unrivalled range of equipment, technologies and facilities, so there are a huge variety of projects you can work on during the program.
You will build your skills over a 48-month period - starting in September - that will include:
· Classroom based training hosted offsite,
· Amazon’s on-the-job training program, delivered by our specialist teams,
· Mentoring from our RME engineers.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
Year 1 is full time residential (classroom training) at one of our provider’s facilities. As a result, you may be required to travel to the accommodation on a Sunday and to work away from home until Friday each week during term time (costs will be supported by Amazon) this is combined with short periods working at one of our Fulfilment Centres. This will give you a thorough and detailed insight into the work of the RME team as well as the basic skills necessary before working on our equipment.
Subsequent years will be made of day or block release training at a specialist college - to study for an HNC in Electronic & Electrical Engineering - and on-the-job training in a Fulfilment Centre amongst our team of technicians and engineers.
Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a number of externally recognized qualifications.
You will graduate into a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer position on successful completion of the program where we will continue your development, allowing you to grow with the business.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program.
· You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
· You have 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent), including Maths, English and a science/technology subject,
· You are studying towards a BTEC Level 3 National qualification or equivalent in an Engineering subject or studying for ‘A’ levels with a bias toward science and technology.
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications) and will then take you onto online testing and video interviewing on a platform called Hirevue.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an on-site assessment center where they will visit the fulfillment center, participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interviews.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Ideal candidate profile
· For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years,
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program,
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2020 or later.
· You will be 18 years old or older before entering an Amazon building (Summer 2021),
· You have 3 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent): Maths, English and a science/technology subject,
If you have received educational qualifications outside of the UK then we will require a Statement of Comparability to confirm your eligibility for the scheme. Please ensure you obtain one during the application process, through UK NARIC: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/
· You have a deep interest in maintenance and strong willingness to become a multi-skilled technician in both electrical and mechanical disciplines,
· You have a desire to learn practical workshop / tool usage skills,
· You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
· You have a desire to learn how to fault find and repair automation systems and machinery,
· You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
· You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
· You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills,
· You seek and respond well to feedback,
· Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations,
· You have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.