The Reliability Maintenance Planner / Scheduler will be a member of the Reliability Maintenance and Engineering team and will work with network the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) team as well as the Reliability Manager to maximize material handling equipment uptime for Operations associates.
This position is responsible for developing maintenance plans and schedules based on recurring preventive maintenance activities, predictive maintenance data and KPIs. Key activities for this position include screening EAM work orders, auditing equipment to document work requirements and quality, estimate labor hours, materials, tools and equipment for all assigned work orders to support a proactive, reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) program. This role will work closely with Maintenance management, Maintenance Technicians, Control Systems Technicians and Operations teams to plan, coordinate and schedule proactive maintenance activities during available downtime windows. This will help prevent unplanned downtime of material handling equipment and disruption to production activities. The Reliability Maintenance Planner / Scheduler will have a strong focus on Amazon’s leadership principles of Innovation, Bias for Action and Ownership of their maintenance program.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Responsible for screening work orders, identification of scope, analysis of required level of planning and overall scheduling of maintenance activities given available resources, criticality of work, and available maintenance windows
· Perform equipment quality audits to identify and document job requirements
· Identify specific safety hazards associated with planned maintenance activities
· Estimate required work hours associated with work order tasks and total work duration
· Plan parts and materials for reliability improvement projects in order to maximize technician wrench time, improve efficiency, increase system reliability and performance
· Ensure all work orders and maintenance activities are derived from EAM and accurately closed out in the system in accordance with Amazon’s maintenance virtuous cycle
· Compile equipment information into a job package that is ready for technicians to accomplish each shift; clearly communicate the critical steps in the work process
· Collect necessary engineering drawings, technical documents and specifications
· Analyze equipment downtime data and develop & manage a warranty process that will drive OEM uptime and lower costs
· Drive a proactive maintenance program that ensure 85% of planned work is proactive
· Partner with local Reliability Maintenance and Engineering leadership groups to coordinate maintenance activities in support of driving a World Class Maintenance organization
· Own and regularly respond with subject matter expertise to maintenance/equipment related questions, own access to and distribution of OEM technical bulletin updates, and facilitate strong communication with OEM vendors
· Communicates with Maintenance Managers, Technicians and Control Systems Technicians regarding ideas and procedures that will enhance and optimize future work activities