Amazon is a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for solutions architects in the San Francisco Bay Area who will focus on driving adoption of Amazon Web Services within AWS' strategic Independent Software Vendor (ISV) segment. You will help build a business focused on enabling hyper-growth SaaS ISVs innovate on behalf of customers. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As an ISV solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions.
You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services. Our solutions architects build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches). The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions in a pre-sales role.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a key member of the SA team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
· Provide architectural guidance and recommendations on running applications efficiently and reliably on AWS platform
· Assist ISVs with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to present their offering on the AWS platform
· Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
· Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS cloud
· In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute sales strategies to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of the AWS platform
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
Ideal candidate profile
· 3-5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
· 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
· 2+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies