At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people. If you would like to help us build Amazon Web Services, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for an Install Technician with strong leadership skills and a progressive career history in structured cabling.
Our Infrastructure team is responsible for day to day installation of servers and network equipment, structured cabling, project work and capacity management. This technician will also be involved with installation and troubleshooting of structured cabling, management of infrastructure inventory levels, physical installation of network and server racks and/or devices and management of data center services vendors.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Installation and maintenance of copper and fiber cable infrastructure
· Report current status via ticketing system, status reports, and email
· Provide training for technical staff and develop standard operating procedures for network operation. Maintain accurate records and document problems and processes
· Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain site cleanliness
· Manage, check and coordinate all materials to be delivered to site daily
· Ensure that the Data Center Installations comply with all installation practices
· Full project ownership with ability to overcome adverse conditions and manage to a successful outcome
· Lift up to 49 lbs and participate in team lifts of 50+ lbs
· Some work in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
Ideal candidate profile
· Must be at least 18 years old
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1+ years of relevant education or experience in an IT role or relevant experience, with knowledge on copper and fiber optic cabling