Are you interested in building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise? Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers.
In this role you will:
· Build Solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language and payment currency.
· Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
· Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue its exponential growth.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
· Product selection and order fulfillment from all of Amazon's marketplaces.
· Accurate import fee deposit estimation.
· Tailored customer experience with local language, currency, payment methods, end-to-end delivery, shipment tracking, and customs clearance.
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
To accomplish this, we need to build:
· Machine learning models to classify millions of products eligible for international shipment.
· Algorithms to optimize import duty cost.
· Global ordering platform that handles Amazon's scale.
· Platform that enables new local payment instruments and supports local currency.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl