Amazon's EU Prime team is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to help develop the next generation of analytics to support our business across our European Business. The person in this role will work with both business stakeholders and other data analysts, scientists, and economists to create analytic models and test their application through analysis of historic data and by performing and analyzing experiments. We are looking for a person who wants to use analytics to solve problems and derive solutions that directly impact Amazon's investment decisions. This is an opportunity for a high-energy, individual to work with Amazon's world-class data to develop approaches that have a direct impact on Amazon's European business.
This position is perfect for someone who has a deep and broad analytic background and is passionate about using analytics and economics to make a real difference. We are looking for someone who is comfortable using a broad range of mathematical approaches to both create new analytic approaches to pricing problems but who can also play a role in rigorously evaluating their effectiveness. Experience in analyzing real-world datasets is essential, and the ideal candidate will have some background in pricing analytics. We are particularly interested in candidates with backgrounds in management science, operations research, economics, statistics or machine learning.
Ideal candidate profile
- PhD or MS in economics, management science, operations research, statistics or other quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics
- Proficiency in R, Python and/or Spark.
- Track record in performing high-quality analysis of data
- Written and verbal communication skills to convey insights and results to business partners, fellow scientists and leadership.