Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Senior Finance Analyst to support our EU Middle Mile Network. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection, more quickly, and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network. The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business's economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. Given the nature of this initiative, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in a new space.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, financial modeling, supporting the ATS outbound operations and co-ordinating cross functionally on financial planning cycles . This person will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership.
· Extracting, combining, and summarizing data to analyze the financial impact of the Business, and effectively communicating key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
· Working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology teams to optimize the total fulfillment cost of every unit delivered while improving customer experience
· Building forecasting models and operating plans
· Work on variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews as well as execute ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
· Coordinating planning cycles across entire ATS teams.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar discipline with analytical bias, MBA/MS preferred, CPA/CFA a plus.
· Strong technical background including Excel, Cognos, SQL, and Essbase
· 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· Experience in performing advanced financial and ad-hoc analysis using Excel and providing recommendations based on data to senior management for strategic decision-making.
· Fluent in English. Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management.
· Strong financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.