Location: LUX5 - Virtual location
Opening date: October 1th
Closing date: October 30th
The EU Amazon Customer Excellence System team (ACES) is seeking an enthusiastic, data-driven and technology-minded Process Manager to contribute to the continuous improvement of the EU Operations network.
The Process Engineering team's mission is to support Fulfillment Center (FC) process improvement on behalf of Amazon customers. Our team plays a critical role in orchestrating the technology project execution, communication, troubleshooting and change management between Amazon Fulfillment Technology team and Fulfillment Center Operations. We own the physical and virtual process setup, software and equipment standardization, roll out of software projects aligned with OP1/2 initiatives, provide an end-to-end support and definition for New FC launches and ad-hoc FC process support. Our vision together with Amazon Fulfillment Technology team is to develop FC system tools that provide quick and reliable service to our customers and support defect free FC processing to provide best customer experience.
Successful candidate will work in partnership with existing Process Managers and EU wide SME network towards design, development and tactical execution of project improvement plans.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Lead the FC level process area as overall process owner in a time-critical and fast paced environment with responsibility for setting goals and objectives, clarifying requirements and expectations, re-prioritizing based on changing business needs, and ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner
· Key influencer in setting the strategic goals, roadmap and plans (through OP1 and OP2) for your process area including idea scoping, business analysis, prioritization, and robust planning. Work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance.
· Drive mindful discussions with numerous cross-functional business and technology teams through ideation, planning and execution including AFT (Amazon Fulfillment Technology), FC Launch, Supply Chain, and EU fulfillment center leaders (GMs, regional directors and SOMs), and operational SMEs
· Be the SME in the network evidenced as being the ‘go to' process engineer for the most complex operational problems of their processes and significantly influencing and driving the technical vision and roadmap to advance fulfillment center products and services
· Influence local leaders and operational Managers members (GMs, SOMs, Ops Mgr & AM´s) to buy into and implement identified projects and opportunities. When confronted with discordant views, find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
· Create clear and compelling written business proposals for ideas and recommendations for Director/VP level audiences.
· Communication skills
· Train, develop & mentor new & existing members of the team as EU Process Engineers as well as EU Operations SMEs to provide front line technical support to a fast growing EU network of FCs
· Ensure that best practices are shared across all Fulfilment Centers and actively drive, develop & implement standardization of fulfilment center processes across the EU operation & implements / audit FCs against the set standards to ensure best performance is delivered across the EU FC network
· Building the network with WW teams to share knowledge and identify and implement best practice across the region/ network
· Dive Deep / Data Analysing
· Actively participate to develop yourself in the hiring/interview process.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor degree in a Science or Engineering discipline and MBA qualified
· Proven lean or six sigma experience in operational, process, and performance improvement projects including value stream process mapping and process re-design
· Demonstrated strong track record of technical roles within a large scale, rapid and process driven environment, in an Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Transportation, General Management or Engineering function
· Proven experience in large scale, cross-functional project management across the full project lifecycle – scope, design, test and implementation
· Experience in influencing cross-functional teams including high level senior team members to deliver a network-wide changes across multiple sites and countries
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios, collect and analyse information, problem-solve, present and make date driven decisions
· Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g. FC throughputs, order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, click to deliver times, inventory record defect rates etc.)
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal, reporting and listening) in English
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and the MS Office package, MySQL, Minitab
· Ability to travel for up to 50% of the time around Europe and NA as required