· Be a part of an organisation that puts the customer at the centre of every decision we make
· Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
· Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work & mobile phone
Amazon has built a reputation for customer centricity and Amazon Web Services () is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in technologies. The Escalations and Event Management (E2M) team is part of the broader organisation and is dedicated to managing critical escalations, customer facing communications, and handling large-scale customer impacting events. E2M’s purpose is to drive operational excellence and improvements to the overall customer experience.
is looking for people who are both detailed analytical thinkers and creative problem solvers, with a strong bias for action. You are someone who is not constrained by the notion of “how things are usually done”, and you are equally comfortable operating in the minute detail as well as coordinating efforts at the forty thousand foot view. You act as an advocate on behalf of the customer, to both report and manage the customer experience. You are someone who excels at working in a dynamic environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, and you get excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
Finally, you are passionate about technology with a desire to learn more, to do more with .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Escalation Engineer role will work as part of the Escalation and Event Management (E2M) Team to identify widespread and systemic customer facing problems on behalf of Amazon Web Services (). You will be working with our amazing internal Engineering teams and service teams to dive in and lead resolution of some of the most complex technical challenges.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges that include elements of:
· Assess real-time data from incoming alarms.
· Prioritise, manage and own emerging and developing customer issues from start to finish.
· Quickly detect and diagnose service impacting events.
· Provide critical response/management for Service Teams.
· Monitor and manage communications during high impact events via relevant channels.
· Work with key stakeholders across to improve the customer experience and mechanisms that operational excellence.
· Drive down mean time to engagement and communication for all types.
· Continue to build a broad understanding of architecture and service inter-dependencies.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders around documentation and processes regarding recurring issues as well as new service updates.
· Provide crisp and timely communication on developing issues to relevant stakeholders.
· Facilitate Post-Mortem/Root Cause Analysis after each event to mitigate problem recurrence.
· Analyze data trends on internal tickets, customer contacts, social media, and network monitors to identify potential issues.
· Deliver customer impairment reports for relevant stakeholders.
· Showcase the ability to maintain composure in dynamic and high pressure situations.
· Perform other duties as required by the organization.
Candidates that have been most successful after joining our team have demonstrated capabilities in one or more of these areas.
· Experience in major management on mission critical services
· Knowledge of and public services
· Demonstrated proficiency with Systems (/) and concepts
· Knowledge of ITIL/Lean Processes
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience in owning and solving problems in complex or technical environments
· Experience dealing effectively with internal and external customers during a crisis and operating efficiently under pressure
· The ability to review and analyse multiple independent information sources to find the anomalies. Use this analysis to make correlations and then drive the needed corrective action.
· Technical experience with services or On-Prem technologies.
· Ability to review complex details regarding ongoing issues/events and convey the key details to senior stakeholders to facilitate real-time decision making
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills
· Effective prioritization and time management skills