We are looking for a software development engineer to be at the forefront of cutting edge consumer storage and networking appliances.
We are seeking creative engineers that feel equally comfortable in server and embedded environments, enjoy deep understanding of computer architecture, operating systems (Linux especially) and programming sophisticated embedded devices.
If you are one of those rare people, we'd like to talk with you ASAP.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about new technology trends in cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use advanced technologies
· Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
· Collaborate with internal engineering teams and other leading technology companies around the world
· Hands-on experience with block storage interfaces such as NVMe (NVM express)
· Experience in file systems
· Team player, good communication skills
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Deep understanding of computer architecture
· Experience in Linux kernel
· Very good understanding of HW devices – practical experience working with embedded systems
· Very good understanding with hands-on experience of storage and network protocols
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java