Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Come help us solve the difficult and rewarding development challenges in building highly reliable, power efficient and low-cost satellite avionics! We are looking for an outstanding engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. As an Avionics Embedded Software Engineer you will focus on developing software to enable, integrate and operate the various sensing, compute and bus systems of the satellite system. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on the design, architecture and implementation of critical systems within Project Kuiper.
You will be expected to participate in all phases of embedded software development, spanning concept and design to development and maintenance. You will work with other members of the Avionics team to support hardware bring-up and debug, and develop both prototype and production software. You must comfortable participating in software and architecture design reviews, ensuring Amazon’s high development standards are met and team best practices are followed.
You will be expected to work with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborate with multiple other spacecraft design and integration teams. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of people.
If this sounds like the role for you, come make history with us!
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience with real time software development, including RTOS, bare metal embedded systems, and/or Linux kernel and device drivers
· Experience designing software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc.) in a production environment
· Demonstrated experience debugging/troubleshooting embedded systems, including real-time tools
· Experience working with FPGA or SOC based systems
· Work experience in Consumer Electronics, Power Electronics, Robotics, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Communications fields or combination thereof
· Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing and simulation
· Experience in development and test of bus systems (CAN, RS-422, RS-485, ethernet, 802.1AS, etc.)
· Software design/qualification experience in radiation environments
· Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of embedded software development experience