Ring, as a part of Amazon Device Div., is the smart doorbell and smart home security company with a mission to make neighborhoods safer. We believe that stronger communities are the key to safer neighborhoods. That’s why we’re driven to create products that help you protect what matters most at home and empower you to connect with your neighbors from wherever you are. Together, we’ll make neighborhoods safer.
Ring’s supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the smart doorbell, security camera and home security system. We handle the production process and supplier quality strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate with Ring’s engineering teams as well as suppliers and partners to make sure every product is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
Key Responsibility in the Supplier Quality Engineer (Battery / Charger) Role
· Evaluate potential suppliers for their manufacturing and quality management capabilities based on project needs.
· Develop and implement the battery/adaptor supplier quality management plans.
· Conduct the design and manufacturing risk through NUDD and FMEA methodologies. Conduct drawing reviews with suppliers to assess Design for Manufacturability, and collaborate with Design Engineering to release feasible component designs.
· Identify the critical characters to product and critical processes to quality, drive the supplier to build feasible fixtures and testers accordingly.
· Drive PPAP deliverables in new product introduction phases to ensure the readiness of the supplier’s manufacturing / Assembly processes and quality controls before each build:
· Conduct 2D drawings review and close loop with product design team
· Review and approve DFM for tooling and fixture kick off
· Work with design engineer and DQA engineer to Develop/implement/monitor reliability validation plan for early detection of quality issues to ensure parts meet quality and reliability requirements.
· Analyze data on FAI/CPK reports to assess supplier’s capability to meet design intent and be able to provide technical recommendation on yield improvements.
· Drive FACA analysis for major quality issues at suppliers
· Review progress of development activities at supplier locations and conduct the process sign-off assessment to ensure the supplier’s manufacturing / quality meets the requirement.
· Work with Global Supply Managers to assess supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk
· Initiate, explore and track ongoing improvement of product quality issues at suppliers and experienced by customers. Work with supplier on yield performance and drive improvement actions for top failures to meet mass production goals
· Ability to use common data analysis tools (JMP, Minitab and etc)
· Strong experience with manufacturing as well as supply chain techniques and processes such as supplier audits, new product introductions, product life cycles, manufacturing engineering, first article inspection, technical documentation, etc.
· Experience working with component manufacturers and suppliers on multiple continents
· Six Sigma Green/Black belt, ASQ CQE/M/A certifications are highly desired.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Ideal candidate profile
· 7+ years’ experience in Battery/Adaptor component in the consumer electronics manufacturing arena, supporting new product launches from a manufacturing, tooling, quality, or product development perspective
· Bachelor’s degree required with a scientific or engineering focus or equivalent practical experience
· Hands-on Experience in Battery/Adaptor manufacturing processes and Battery/Adaptor safety regulation / validation.
· Strong skills leading the problem solving processes with 5 why methodology
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time