Echo Frames is Amazon's first prescription-ready smart glasses. In this role, you will be working on the current and future roadmap for Echo Frames. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
As an Embedded Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Our team is fast paced, highly collaborative and works most like a start up environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the business and drive to optimize and improve our business processes, remove bottlenecks and friction, and allow the business to move at a fast pace. You collaborate with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for development of new features for embedded systems
· Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
· Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
· Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
· Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
· Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
· Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
· Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of experience as an embedded engineer