Do you ever wonder how the packages show up at your door when you ordered from Amazon? Are you obsessed over the customer and keeping our promises to deliver? Are you an owner of your work, delivering and maintaining high quality solutions from inception to scaled-up operations over peak times? If these attributes describe who you are then the Amazon Fulfillment Technology - Sortation Team is the place for you!
Amazon's global fulfillment business is one of the largest and most complex operations in the world. Our technologically advanced warehouses are at the center; the invisible back half of Amazon that magically turns your click of a button into a product at your door. We are building the technological solutions for the next generation of warehouses that knit together associate interactions with advanced automation throughout the fulfillment process, and optimizing the control the flow of materials through them.
We are a multidisciplinary team of software development and control systems engineers that develop these technologies. As a member of this team you will be involved with the development of edge based solutions where the cloud meets the real world in the heart of our fulfillment centers. The ideal candidate will enjoy working at multiple layers of the stack from development of low level embedded Linux control systems, to developing cloud based solutions to interface with and manage fleets of real world devices.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer or other related engineering discipline
· 4+ years of hands-on development with an emphasis on embedded development
· Low level system experience with Linux, including device drivers and multicore systems
· Solid debugging skills and the ability to solve difficult problems
· Direct experience with Python, C, or other high level languages
· Eligible for international travel
· Ability to travel up to 30%