Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges.
Are you passionate about sitting on the leading edge of VM and Hypervisor technology for the world's most mission critical workloads? Does running applications on the most performant infrastructure including Bare Metal get you excited? AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive our EC2 Nitro and Bare Metal Strategy. Nitro is a way to provide our customers performance that is virtually indistinguishable from bare metal. Not only does AWS fundamentally build on a Nitro architecture, but our customers look to AWS to provide them guidance on how to achieve bare metal and near-bare metal performance.
The ideal candidate will possess a business, networking and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of networking services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around AWS offerings;
-Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the EC2 value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
- Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the EC2 platform can help address and resolve these issues;
- Serves as an evangelist for the platform within AWS, and externally;
- Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the service;
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
- 10+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations;
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
- Experience with GPUs.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices. Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, and New York are preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Ideal candidate profile
- The right person will be analytical, and possess 10+ years leading strategic Go To Market and Product activities for related subjects and business customers.
- Enterprise selling outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry;
- Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key