Ring is looking for an ambitious System Development Engineer to join hard working team, that is dedicated to building a system that is always reliable and available to our customers. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, rapidly scaling environment. Must be an excellent team player, yet able to manage their own projects, big and small.
· Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
· Help lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
· Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
· Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
· Collaborate with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
· 3+ years of experience managing a multi-region environment, 100+ Linux servers- (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
· 3+ years of experience managing systems with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
· 3+ years of experience with Logging/Monitoring tools (DataDog, Kibana, AirBrake, Runscope)
· 3+ years of experience scripting language (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
· 3+ years of experience creating continuous integration/deployment in AWS and cloud environments