Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers Worldwide to purchase millions of unique items. The Consumer Engagement org within Amazon is specifically chartered with the responsibility of marketing our products, and to find avenues to drive more customer traffic to Amazon to increase sales. As Amazon seeks to increase its presence in many countries with different customer behaviors, one of our biggest challenges is to increase the awareness of our product selection and price to customers, and to make us the premier online shopping company. The Consumer Engagement org employs multiple channels to bring customers to Amazon such as Deals & Events, Paid Search, Enterprise Associates, Email marketing, Online Display and Social Media.
This position is for Email marketing team. Our systems drive hundreds of millions of dollars in sales on Amazon.* (all markets), and we strive to deliver highly relevant, personalized marketing communications to Amazon customers through different channels like email, SMS, push, etc.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in managing the customer experience elements as well as the complex systems behind them. You will have the opportunity to support one of the most critical technical stacks in Amazon and work on both customer facing issues on our experiences on the website and shopping app, as well as handling internal customers who create deals and events using our systems.
· Provide production support in the form of on-call.
· Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting.
· Provide software delivery operations and application release management support, including scripting, automated build and deployment processing and process reengineering.
· Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
· Build automated deployments for consistent software releases with zero downtime
· Deploy new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
· Participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
· Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
Experience with multi-tier distributed systems involving load balancers, caching layers and real-time event processing • Experience in building dashboards and aggregating metrics • Exposure to large-scale systems and application architectures • Certification in Java(SCJP/OCAJP)
Ideal candidate profile
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience • Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems • 4+ years of software development/technical support experience • Working experience in Java/C++ based distributed systems • 2+ years of experience in one of the scripting languages such as bash, Perl, or Python • 2+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating system • 2+ years of experience with SQL/PLSQL, relational data management • Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical customers and partners in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges