Wield science to improve the value of gaming content for customers! Twitch Prime (TP) strives to become the largest and most-loved premium subscription program for gamers worldwide. In addition to all the benefits of Amazon Prime, Twitch Prime offers customers free games, unique in-game content, a free Twitch channel subscription, and exciting new benefits that we are actively inventing.
This role is an opportunity to engage at the forefront of business development and deliver science that enables Twitch Prime to achieve our goals and deliver greater customer value. As a scientist in the Twitch Prime organization, you will work at the intersection of Business Intelligence, Fraud Prevention, Science, and Engineering teams to deploy statistical and machine learning methods which drive improvements in customer outcomes and business KPIs. You will collaborate closely with other scientists and software engineers to deliver production model implementations which make real-time decisions.
An ideal candidate is an experienced, resourceful, and independent problem solver who can deploy scalable and sophisticated scientific solutions under tight time constraints. If you have these skills and are excited about making a big impact in the gaming industry, we are looking for you!
· Define product requirements and measurement criteria for machine learning models designed to solve high-impact business problems.
· Collaborate with our team of software development engineers to translate model prototypes into secure, stable, testable, and maintainable production services.
· Collaborate with other scientists to research, develop, and evaluate innovative scientific solutions to unique Twitch Prime business problems.
· Develop automated approaches towards monitoring model performance and evaluating impact.
· Influence prioritization and execute on a compelling technical roadmap to develop new models and improve upon existing approaches.
· 5+ years of applied experience.
· Proficient in at least one software development language like C++, Java, Python, or Scala.
· Proficient with technical software concepts of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design.
· Experience in an e-commerce setting with fraud, reputation, and risk control methods.
· Experience with program evaluation and causal inference.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
· Strong grasp of statistics and statistical methods.
· Expertise in communicating insights from complex data to both scientific peers and business leaders through technical writing and visualization.
· Ability to collaborate effectively in a fast moving environment with complex dependencies and product requirements.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· Masters degree in a quantitative field - Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Machine Learning, or Computer Science with a focus on scientific methods.
· 3+ years of applied experience deploying scientific or machine learning methods to solve complex problems.
· Proficiency with a variety of modern machine learning methods.
· Proficient in a statistical modeling framework like R, Python, Matlab, Scala, or Spark.