Are you excited to be a member of a new science and analytics team?
Are you passionate to generate insights using scientific solutions?
Are you the one who is full of ideas?
The Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) Org builds products from the ground up to serve internal teams. Products we developed include Downstream Impact (DSI) framework, Customer Targeting applications, and A/B testing platforms. We use cutting edge technologies that fuse Big Data with concepts from Machine Learning, Economics, and Data Science. These innovations help make strategic investment decisions and define the customer engagement metrics by which Amazon runs its business globally.
The Marketing Analytics and Predictive Science (MAPS) team within CBA is looking for a Data Scientist to influence the our internal teams that engage with CBA products for decision making to make Amazon customer messaging more personal. You are a rock star science leader of the team. You will work with distributed machine learning and statistical algorithms across multiple platforms to harness enormous volumes of online data at scale to match customers and products/offers based on probabilistic reasoning. Our primary partners are the Cross Channel and Category team. A successful Data Scientist has an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon and its customers. We are looking for a thought leader and you demonstrate this by delivering solutions, not just by having ideas. We encourage you to shape the business strategy with data driven recommendations. You will develop strong working relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment. You need to be fluid in:
Data Manipulation and analytics.
Data warehousing and EMR (Hive, Pig, Spark).
Feature extraction, feature engineering and feature selection.
Model evaluation and validation
Experimental design and testing.
· A strong track record of analytical skills and influencing business decisions
· Strong understand of experimentation and measurement
· Strong skills and experience with programming in Pig, Spark, Python and familiarity/experience with AWS
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· A master's degree in machine learning, statistics or a highly quantitative field. Bachelor's with equivalent experience will be considered.
· Proven ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning and statistics.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and/or statistical models.
· Programming, prototyping and scripting skills (Pig, Spark, Python, R).
· Writing, communication and presentation skills.