Excited by Big Data and Data Mining? Interested in using Terabytes of Data to generate insights? At Amazon Music, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale applications on the Cloud involving Terabytes of data. We are looking for talented and experienced data scientists to mine our data and turn it into unique and powerful insights for advertising optimization and measurement. In this role you will work with machine learning scientists, engineers, and product managers on high impact initiatives.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store. Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found on platforms such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms
· PhD in quantitative field
· Proficient in Pig and Hive
· Experience handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
· Experience working with advertising, retail or e-commerce data
· Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing Experience with predictive modeling
· Solid understanding of statistics
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
Take a look at https://www.aboutamazon.com/research to learn more about research highlights and publications from the Amazon science teams.
Ideal candidate profile
· MS in quantitative field
· 5+ years of industrial experience in data science or similar function
· Proficient in Python, R, Ruby, or similar scripting language
· Proficient in SQL