The Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team is seeking a Data Scientist to lead data analysis for models and algorithms to solve Amazon's supply chain problems. As an Amazon Data Scientist , your work will impact on how we serve our customers so that they get the right product at the right time.
In our team, you will be working in one of the world's largest data warehouse environments. You need to be a sophisticated user of data querying tools and advanced quantitative and modeling techniques, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication to drive change, as your work will be visible up to the highest business leaders in SCOT.
You will own the data pipeline required for predictive models in inventory management that use statistics and machine learning. You will design statistical experiments to measure the performance of our inventory management systems, relate our systems' inputs to key performance indicators through observational data, and detect anomalies to identify problems in our systems. Much of the job will require close collaboration with software development engineers, other scientists, and business teams to innovate for and solve problems of the future.
Ideal candidate profile
* Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Economics or a related quantitative field
* 3+ years experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Hadoop/Hive)
* 3+ years experience in SQL, R, Python (specifically Pandas)
* 1+ years experience in coding and deploying machine learning models
* Graduate courses or 2+ years experience in statistics and probablility