Are you excited by using massive amounts of data to help run the network behind the world's largest public cloud? At AWS, Network Availability Engineering is seeking a talented Data Scientist to join their Sydney team! The Network Health team delivers on network automation software solutions to be used by our networking teams across the globe, to enforce safe operation of our large global network. Here at AWS we are looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about using data to drive business decisions, measure the effectiveness of our network modelling software tools, improve our processes, and to help bring machine learning techniques to the mainstream within the Networking organisation!
The successful candidate is an engineer with a passion for data science that sets a high bar for ability to deliver various data products ranging from actionable insights, advanced visualisation, to real time machine learning models. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to enjoy working with their customers and peers, and help plan and deliver results that matter to the business. They are not afraid of technical discussion, and can utilise their analytical skills to isolate valuable data, noting trends and patterns in order to inform decisions. They know how to use data to make the case for business decisions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Finding and processing large data sets to help define the best ways for our team to define network health.
· Working together on algorithms to accurately model the operation of large scale computer networks, including using Machine Learning to develop accurate models.
· Collecting, analysing, and presenting actionable insights to drive team and customer experience decisions.
· Understanding high-level business objectives and continually aligning work with those objectives to meet needs of the business.
· Identifying, analysing, and solving problems at their root, while maintaining focus on the bigger picture.
· Recognising and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Writing high quality code to retrieve and analyse data and solve business problems, to then be released to our software developers to transform into stable production code.
· Learning and understanding a broad range of Amazon's data resources and knowing when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
Ideal candidate profile
· B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, etc.
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, team player· 3+ years of experience analysing data in some capacity
· Understanding of statistical methods
· Experience with R, Spark, EMR, etc
· Strong in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python etc.)
· Application of Machine Learning fundamentals
· Solid understanding of SQL, OBIEE and other data mining and analysis tools
· Strong problem solving and algorithm design ability