Machine learning (ML) has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
The Amazon ML Solutions Lab team helps AWS customers accelerate the use of machine learning to solve business and operational challenges and promote innovation in their organization. As an ML Solutions Lab data scientist, you are proficient in designing and developing advanced ML models to solve diverse challenges and opportunities. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience.
We’re looking for talented data scientists capable of applying classical ML algorithms and cutting-edge deep learning (DL) and reinforcement learning approaches to areas such as drug discovery, customer segmentation, fraud prevention, capacity planning, predictive maintenance, pricing optimization, call center analytics, player pose estimation, event detection, and virtual assistant among others.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
· Design, develop, and evaluate innovative ML/DL models to solve diverse challenges and opportunities across industries
· Interact with customer directly to understand their business problems, and help them with defining and implementing scalable ML/DL solutions to solve them
· Work closely with account teams, research scientist teams, and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
This position requires travel of up to 25%.
· Masters or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical/scientific field
· Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, or similar
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· BS in computer science, engineering, or related technical/scientific field
· 7+ years of professional experience in a business environment
· 4+ years of relevant experience in building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
· 1+ year of experience specifically with deep learning (e.g., CNN, RNN, LSTM)
· Experience in using Python, R, or other programming language