At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you would like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Data Center Project Engineer to serve as a technical resource to support Amazon data center expansion. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to deploy innovative solutions to address company challenges. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work with multiple teams in a collaborative environment. The scope of projects that you will be involved in may include the improvement of electrical, mechanical, fire detection and building automation system. A fundamental understanding of critical environments is required and the candidate must be willing to improve against the status quo.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon data centers, then this may be the challenge you have been looking for! Only those who have worked within a data center environment need apply.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook required; advanced knowledge of SharePoint (or similar) preferred.
· Knowledge of mechanical systems and electrical and fire alarm/life safety systems and building infrastructure systems.
· Ability to read and understand construction and design documents (design drawings, control diagrams, specifications, etc.).
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself to deliver results.
· Attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
· Understanding of data center operations and operational procedures including MOP’s, SOP’s, and EOP’s.
· Demonstrated success in making decisions and value calculating risk taking.
· Ability to collaborate with SME’s to align teams towards a common goal and priorities.
· Familiar with process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma, LEAN, Kaizen
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Perform business case analysis to justify project scope and financial position for management review
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and leverage data and metrics to challenge current assumptions.
· Ability to maintain vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· 1+ Years of experience working in critical environments – hospitals, data centers, power plants, etc...
· 3+ Years of experience managing construction projects, project management, or experience as a project engineer.
· College/Technical Degree or demonstrated equivalent professional experience