The Facility Trainee will be responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting. This position is for a 6 month fixed term hire.
Responsibilities may include:
· Assist the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed, is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
· Maintaining performance benchmarks, conduct analyses & prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations & maintenance.
· Generate Change Management requests & Incident Management tickets for DCEO as directed.
· Learn and contribute to documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
· Assist with the installation of the racks and the provision of power/cooling within its constraints.
· Be involved with the routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
· Assist and learn about the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
· Assist with the management of the Facility assets and the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management as directed.
· May participate in Construction & Operational Meetings as required.
· Assist with Work Order compliance and review of contractual SLAs.
· Interface with Infra Ops teams for day to day operational requirements.
· Assist in the resolution of any infrastructure engineering or services issue.
· Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
Ideal candidate profile
· Interest in maintenance of a Data Centre or Critical space facility
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Facilities Management mindset.
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Physical Security protocol awareness
· Computer literate, confident with Office Suite
· This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines