Job Description Data is the new oil and we believe that everything can be quantified and measured. Analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As an analyst at AWS, you will be in on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way enablement performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced data analyst who will help develop the strategy for our Worldwide Sales Enablement team by helping us define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, and evaluate business impacts. You will be responsible for data analysis, dashboard/report building, and metrics reviews. You'll help create self-service reporting tools to support the entire team. We're seeking an individual who has the vision and strategic thinking skills to make analytics best in class at AWS.
· Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
· Establish analytical framework for your team: partner across stakeholders to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting
· Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably flex among various tools to answer complicated questions, and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
· Efficiently prioritize and execute what's important: prioritize for both speed and impact, and aggressively optimize for return by focusing on work output that scales well and is reusable
· Maintain a culture of high quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
· Continuously review current reporting tools and drive ongoing improvements to ensure they are streamlined and effective and can provide analysis that will enable the team to understand the root causes of key metrics, and measure process changes and improvements of these.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 2 years of work experience applying data analysis and visualization techniques using tools such as Tableau, Quicksight, Domo
· 2 years of experience writing complex SQL on large scale data systems