Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast, and what kinds of systems & processes are running behind the scenes to power the whole operation? If so, this role is for you.
The team: Fulfillment acceleration, Global Delivery Services (GDS)
- Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, as surpassing their expectations is our passion. In GDS, we improve customer experience through continuously optimizing the complex movements of goods from vendors to customers throughout Europe.
- GDS teams are transversal centers of expertise, composed of engineers, analysts, scientists, technical program managers and developers. We are focused on Amazon most complex problems, processes and decisions. We work with fulfillment centers, transportation, software developers, finance and business teams across the world, to improve our logistic infrastructure and algorithms.
- Fulfillment acceleration is one of those GDS teams obsessed with rethinking our advanced supply chain to make it even faster. Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to serve all our customers the next-day.
The role: Sr. Data Analyst
You will be responsible for accelerating the speed of deliveries across one of the EU countries. This is a role for an exceptionally talented person, with high energy and courage, passionate about delivering concrete improvement for our customers, and want to achieve that using data. The role includes 50% analytics and 50% of stakeholder/project management:
- Create methods to capture, process, and organize complex data (>10TB) using SQL
- Deep dive the data to uncover actionable insights for known and unknown problems (including data visualization) using a software of your choice (R, Python etc.)
- Use data to control/audit if our supply chain is behaving as expected, and automate the identification of improvement opportunities among dozens of dimensions
- Build advanced tools/models to automate decision making for complex and ambiguous trade-off problem
Innovation & Stakeholder/Project management
- Use and share your insights with partner teams, to influence/build a roadmap of project to accelerate speed of deliveries in your country
- For the most complex and ambitious opportunities, quickly launch new pilots, and build scale-up business case with benefits, bottlenecks, risks and resources required
- For the algorithmic opportunities, work with teams of software developers and research scientists to design the next round of software innovation
- Lead regular business review with partner teams to monitor the progress of projects in the roadmap. Help into removing bottlenecks
- Consolidate progress into crisp and concise data-driven status updates. You will own reporting to Amazon senior leadership (VP-level).
Ideal candidate profile
- The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in an analytical domain
- Ability and strong willingness to use data to answer first time asked questions, and solve large-scale ambiguous problems end-to-end, from idea generation to execution.
- Know how to liaise and collaborate with internal partners to influence direction and roadmaps, despite competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, in particular the ability to synthetize clearly complex issues
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Candidates must be able to think and operate at all levels (both strategically and tactically)
- A Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (or willingness to learn) is mandatory
- Fluency in English is required