D2 Japanese Customer Service - United States (Virtual Position)
Candidates must be fluent in Japanese and English and live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. To achieve this goal, Amazon Customer Service is seeking candidates who exemplify Customer Obsession and enjoy problem solving on behalf of others. Our Amazon Leadership Principles ( https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles ) are not just words on a screen – they are a driving force in the decisions we make every day.
As a CSA, the majority of your time will be spent helping a variety of Amazon customers and drivers by phone, and sometimes via e-mail and chat. You will use tools and programs to navigate the site, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively. CSAs will learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed.
What is Amazon D2AS All About?
The Device, Digital & Alexa Support (D2AS) Team helps to ensure a positive customer experience as it relates to Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Prime Video, Prime Music, Echo, Alexa and so much more.
What is the History of D2AS?
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 and offered 90,000 eBooks at launch. Kindle sold out in under 6 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets and Fire operating system. For streaming media lovers, we created Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV with voice search. Fire TV devices come with access to 500,000 movies, TV shows, and tens of thousands of channels, and apps. In 2014, we introduced the Amazon Echo and Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. Alexa is now integrated with over 20,000 third party devices from 3,500 brands. Alexa has 50,000 skills and developers in 180 countries.
What Does Amazon Need From Me?
· This position is 20-29 hours per week , with additional hours up to 60 hours per week if there's a business need.
· Our virtual customer service site is open from 5:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST . Your work schedule could potentially fall anywhere in between these hours and may require one or both weekend days.
· Shifts are subject to change. Amazon will provide a minimum of two weeks' notice prior to a shift change.
· You must have an internet connection with a minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
· Cannot use a wireless connection. Your device must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable. Why Amazon?
· Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour
· Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
· Employee Discount
· Employee Assistance Program
· A supportive team of leaders and peers
· Gain customer service experience and build your resume
· Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring)
· Support customers through typing, phone and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger or chat tools
· Own problems and innovate on behalf of customers Escalates issues and new findings to leadership.
· Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
· Use tools and programs to navigate the site, research accounts, review options and solutions, and communicate them effectively.
Ideal candidate profile
The minimum requirements of this role include: A basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies; an ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions; an ability to empathize with customers and prioritize their needs; and logical problem solving skills.
· Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred Requirements:
· Curiosity about new platforms and innovative technologies
· Previous customer service experience
· Previous call center experience
· Experience in a fast paced environment
· Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency Your mailing address must be current and include relevant numbers (apartment, suite, etc.) P.O. Boxes are not supported ; we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know by contacting us through our Contact Us ( http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/contactus )web-page.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.