*Note:This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This is a requirement of the role. Only applicants meeting this qualification will be considered.
AWS's CloudWatch Team is seeking System Engineers to join our Denver, CO office. AWS CloudWatch provides customers actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. Key features include web services for submission and retrieval of measurements, a console for presentation, and the ability to notify and automate based on results. Teams in CloudWatch solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow.
We’re recruiting engineers who are focused on operational excellence, enjoy troubleshooting complex issues, and are customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be experienced in:
· Linux OS
· Command Line Interface
· Networking Fundamentals
· Bash and/or Python Scripting
· Knowledge of Cloud Operations
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
· Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
· Experience managing large server fleets
· Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
· Experience in 24x7 production environments
· 3+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
· 1+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
· 1+ year experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph