DESIGN AT PILLPACK
At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, we are using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design has been a vital part of our company’s DNA, and the company has received awards from Time, Fast Company, and the Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design for our customer experience. We are a small, but growing company and you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on both the company and our customers’ lives.
We are looking for an ambitious mid to senior-level designer to join our Brand Team to work on brand development, marketing collateral and cross-channel campaigns for high-visibility projects. You will be a key member of a multidisciplinary team that includes designers, writers, videographers and developers working in close collaboration to bring our brand to life and help people live healthier lives.
You are a multi-faceted designer with a strong foundation in creating compelling branded experiences for marketing organizations across print communications and digital experiences; from display ads and landing pages to OOH experiences. You will have a portfolio that showcases your strength in developing brand-defining innovative work from concept to execution, all while demonstrating an understanding of the science and art of visual storytelling.
You dive deep in the data behind your designs, partnering with the Growth team to strategically version and optimize campaign designs based on learnings. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to solve gnarly creative problems with a pixel perfect obsession for making things better. You manage ambiguity effectively and influence the direction of your projects by identifying and defining new opportunities while supporting and executing brand vision and strategy. You are a creative multitasker who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, proactively handling multiple projects with the ability to lead by example.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON + RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build and manage visual systems that support brand consistency across the entire customer journey.
· Conceptualize and design cross-channel campaigns (print + digital) as well as marketing materials including but not limited to landing pages, display ads, drip campaigns, direct mail, social media, styled photos, illustrations, video assets and animated gifs.
· Own projects through the entire design process; from concept development to iteration of design mockups, prototypes, finished design assets and final production files.
· Stay tuned into the competitive marketing and design landscape, synthesizing markets, trends in industry, and brand strategies—sharing insights to the team regularly.
· Work closely with in-house copywriters, project managers, product designers, and developers, as well as external vendors, to make design decisions informed by research, brand positioning and business objectives for B2C and B2B customers.
· Interest and or experience in copywriting, photography, illustration, motion graphics, and/or video post-production.
· Team player with an ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale and supporting data.
· Strong bias for action with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
· Commitment to learning from and making others successful, in addition to sharing your design expertise and technical knowledge.
· BA/BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Advertising or equivalent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of experience with a focus on cross-channel campaigns and brand design + strategy at an in-house team or agency.
· An exceptional design portfolio demonstrating your passion for marketing, design, and campaigns, with strong concept-led work showcasing an ability to distill complex stories through simplicity.
· Expert knowledge and execution of typography, layout, color theory and brand system implementation for both digital and print.
· Experience maintaining high quality creative with hawkeye attention to detail.
· Experience operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and tight deadlines.
· Strong presentation skills with backbone to stand by your design choices to managers and leaders while remaining flexible to pivoting around dynamic needs.
· Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Sketch, InVision and other digital tools.
· Experience in responsive UX/UI design and front-end development workflows.