OPERATIONS - CONSULTING
DCS Software engineer (Railway sector)
For a long-term railway project in the area of Zurich, we are looking for a Data Communication Systems software engineer in the Railway sector to join our team.
· Produce and implement template radio architectures, customizing them for the requirements of a project, incorporating that project's requirements to provide performance characteristics to customer specification
· Configuration and optimization of Data Communication Systems (DCS) for Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) System
· Review of DCS Design and Architecture, thereby optimizing system architecture on aspects of Network Security
· Network administration of CBTC Communication Components
· System Testing and validation of DCS reference architecture and design
· Completed technical education as telecom or computer science engineer ETH/TU/FH or comparable with particular focus on servers and network technologies
· Experience in the railway sector would be a plus
· Strong interest in communication aspects in industrial environment and specifically in Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS)
· Experience on cyber security in industrial environment (ISO99 / IEC 6244-2-1) represents and advantage
· Experience on Radio engineering study and deployment phases, with associated specifications
· Skills in engineering and architecture of network infrastructures in terms of WiFi solutions and associated standards as well as LAN / WAN deployment of telecom networks and radio measurement tools
· Familiar with recent technological developments (MiMo, LTE, IP / MPLS)
· Ideally experience in testing and commissioning complex, distributed systems
· Good command of German and English; other languages represents an advantage
· Interested in working in an multidisciplinary and international work environment
What working at AKKA has to offer:
· A steady follow-up and career guidance.
· A large network of collaborators across the world.
· Several learning platforms and access to training's.
· Compelling challenges for prestigious and international clients.
· Several dedicated events gathering all the collaborators and promoting corporate culture.
Europe, Switzerland, Zurich, Zurich
Thurgauerstrasse 54, 8050 Zürich
Minimum level of education required
5. Bachelor Degree
Level of experience
3 to 5 years