AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
For Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth within the department Avionics Architecture we are looking for a high motivated VIE (f/m/d).
Start: 01. Nov. 2020
Duration: 24 months
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
We are looking for highly motivated graduates aged 18 to 28 years, who are citizens of the European Union (all E.U. nationals, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Candidates meeting these criteria and interested in a VIE, please register before your 28th birthday on the website www.civiweb.com . For graduates who would be interested in a career with Airbus, this could be the start of a rewarding future in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria. For further information, more details can be found on www.civiweb.com.
Recent technological advances and new ways of working are bringing a revolution in how avionics systems are being conceptualized, prototyped, validated, built and tested. The Avionics Architecture department is one of the key stakeholders of avionics systems and it is at the forefront of technology by actively contributing to current and future developments activities.
As a member of Avionics Architecture team you will have a chance to be one of the main contributors defining a methodology for Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) for avionics as well as to support innovation projects from avionics architecture side. In this role you will learn about and get a birds-eye view on multiple other activities within the entire avionics domain and lifecycle.
Following tasks will be in the scope of your work:
· Familiarization with existing work and Airbus Group method and tools in the area of MBSE
· Contribution, maintenance and further development of MBSE methodology for avionics systems
· Building MBSE models with SysML of avionics systems
· Develop / contribute to prototypes of avionics software to support innovation topics
· Communicate and document your work to the relevant stakeholders
· Collaborate with avionics systems architects, HMI, Methods & Tools team, software developers, simulator teams and interact at Airbus Group level
To fulfil the requirements, you shall have:
· University degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
· Experience with Systems Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering, including SysML
· Knowledge of tools such as Cameo systems modeller for MBSE, knowledge of IBM DOORS is a plus
· Familiarity with software programing (Matlab / Simulink and Python is preferred)
· Basic knowledge in avionics design is an advantage
· Leadership skills to own and manage a topic independently
· Ability to formalize and present complex subjects in a clear and concise way
· Team spirit, good communication skills, structured way of working and high engagement
· Fluent English skills required, German and French are an advantage
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.