AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Safety/Regulatory Compliance Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space. This role is based at our Portsmouth site.
Working directly with project teams, you will ensure Safety and Regulatory Compliance requirements are identified and complied with.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
· Development and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with UK MOD Safety and Environmental processes and procedures.
· Chair internal / external Project Safety and Environmental Committee meetings as required.
· Supporting and participating in Project reviews.
· Costing/scheduling of Safety and Environmental work packages.
· Support the development of products to meet the requirement of EU Directives including the delivery of technical files and Declarations of Conformity.
· Development and maintenance of project Safety and Environmental Management Plans and related safety and environmental management system documentation.
· Lead and manage to resolution Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance issues.
· Support and facilitate the creation and maintenance of Product Regulatory Compliance Records and preparation of technical files, including the assessment of relevant supplier information and support to internal / external test campaigns.
· Production of deliverable documentation and ensuing the timely delivery and acceptance in line with project timescales.
· Provide advice, guidance and expertise to project and product teams, acting as focal point for all project Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance matters.
· Ensuring that all business, regulatory and customer requirements are identified and appropriate compliance evidence is available.
· Undertaking / facilitating required Safety and Environmental analysis.
· Knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Product Regulatory Compliance legislation.
· Good knowledge and experience of Safety Management Systems.
· Knowledge and experience of UK MOD Safety and Environmental Management processes (Def Stan 00-056, POSMS, POEMS)
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.