AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
A vacancy for an Application Test Controller has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Blandford. The successful applicant will join our team supporting the client’s specialist communications requirements.
As the Test Controller you will liaise with customers on project tasks to confirm requirements and ensure these are matched to the LSRC technical capabilities. The successful Candidate should be experienced in customer liaison, demonstrating good communication and negotiation skills in order to define and agree test requirement.
Role Tasks –
Plan, design and manage testing tasks from the management acceptance of the task through to delivery. This will include but may not be limited to –
· Producing clear Task Plans, Service Level Agreements, Test Security Instructions and other associated task documentation..
· Design Test Environments, incorporating existing reference systems, systems under test and test tools (iTrinergy Network Emulator, IXIA Breaking Point, Endace data capture system, Riverbed analytical tools etc).
· Manage engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the set up and delivery of the Test Environment.
· Configuration and deployment of appropriate test tools to meet predefined test aims.
· Test preparation, including the validation of the Test Environment and the production of Test Configuration documentations, Test Schedules and Configuration Baseline statements.
· Controlling and supervising tests, accounting for satisfactory conduct according to the agreed specifications.
· Analysis of test results and producing detailed Task Reports.
· Work to defined processes and procedures as defined within ISO 9001 & the Quality Management System (QMS).
Skill & Experience –
· Systems engineer with a broad based communications and information systems background.
· Testing experience including a detailed knowledge of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) network emulation, stimulation and monitoring tools.
· Understanding of the protocols used in military communications and information systems.
· Experienced in the operation of network testing tools for monitoring, stimulation, emulation and analysis.
· Experience in testing military CIS systems or applications - Advantageous
· Effective leadership of a small team of support engineers to produce defined and reproducible test environments.
· Able to demonstrate having worked within a framework of best practice when establishing and recording Test Environments.
· Demonstrable detailed knowledge of configuration control practices
· Able to demonstrate high levels of equipment husbandry.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
Education / Qualifications –
· Communications or information systems engineering degree/HND or equivalent
· CCNA/CCNP level knowledge.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.#VictoriaLinkedInJob
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.