Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
The Wing Structures Repair team are currently recruiting for a number of Repair Design Engineers to support the Airbus in-service fleets. These are exciting and challenging roles that require an understanding of the Airbus aircraft repair process.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Robust aeronautical based engineering background
· Proven knowledge of aircraft structures (composite and metallic).
· Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings and associated documentation (SRM, AMM).
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
As a member of the wing structures daily repairs team, in conjunction with the management team, you will ensure Airbus strategy, policy and direction are maintained, you will also ensure the following:
· All internally interfacing departments are supported through the creation and provision of optimised repair design solutions.
· All activities are completed within agreed time scales and customer requirements are satisfied in terms of time, quality, practicality and cost.
· Optimised practical design solutions meet airline customer requirements for efficiency and ease of embodiment.
· Tasks include:
· Designing repairs for composite or metallic damage through to repair of major structural components.
· Interrogating documentation relating to design, stress and fatigue content, raising and co-ordinating repair technical documentation, actively liaising with risk sharing partners to ensure optimised and integrated repair solutions are delivered to time, cost and quality.
Typically the work will involve liaison with Fatigue & Damage Tolerance, Static Stress, Aerodynamics and Loads, but can also include appropriate Airbus departments and sub-contract agencies in Toulouse, Filton, Broughton, Wichita and Bangalore.
In addition all team members are expected to support initiatives for change management to improve team efficiency with particular emphasis on methods and process.
We are a dynamic and reactive team providing structural repair support to Airbus operators and MRO’s. Our goal is to provide bespoke and optimum repair solutions in response to damage reports ensuring operator schedules are maintained and aircraft downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing:
· Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
· With good customer skills, provide responses for repairs queries, giving advice and guidance on repair matters as required within Customer Support processes and procedures.
· Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data for repairs.
· In conjunction with the Static Stress and F&DT Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
The requirement is for an Engineer with an Aerospace Engineering background, with repairs knowledge.
Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, set objectives and prioritise to time, cost and quality
Deliver integrated engineering solutions within agreed timescales.
Where appropriate, utilise and support strategic off-site engineering commercial partnerships to ensure appropriate capability and flexibility
· Minimum HNC/HND qualification and relevant engineering experience.
· Ability to interrogate design documentation and drawings, proven knowledge of Airbus manuals (SRM, AMM, IPC) and associated publications.
· Ability to liaise/negotiate at all levels of the organisation including Customer Services and suppliers.
· Demonstrate excellent PC skills.
· Be conversant with technical requirements for repair design.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills including task leadership.
· Ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables.
· Working knowledge of all Airbus Structures
· Working knowledge of Airbus design tools and processes
· Design Engineering background in aircraft structure.
· Already holding design approvals.
· Demonstrated problem solving ability
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We cannot promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
What we offer
Whether you are looking to relocate to an exciting city or stay in the area with family, Bristol has something to offer everyone.
From scenic walks in the beautiful parks, unravelling the city’s rich history in numerous museums, enjoying the frequent music, food, balloon and graffiti festivals, to exploring all of the
family friendly attractions, you’ll find just the adventure you’re looking for here in this vibrant and diverse city.
· Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
· Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
· 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
· Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
· Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
· Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
· Onsite social clubs
· Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
http://www.airbus.com/search.video.html?q=make+it+fly#searchresult-video-all-14 '> Click here to watch an interesting video
https://www.airbus.com/careers/working-for-airbus/inclusion-and-diversity.html#smallmediagallery-par-smallmediagallery-1 '> Click here to watch an interesting video
“I’ve worked for Airbus UK for the last 17 years and it has been a great company to progress in as a female engineer.
I have enjoyed regular travel to our European sites and liaised with engineers from all around the world. More recently I even got chance to work as a volunteer for Airbus Charity in India building schools for under privileged children.
I’ve held various engineering positions throughout my time but have always been able to adapt the roles to support my career and life as a mother -
I have worked both part-time and flexibly around early school years regularly working from home to maintain that important work life balance and now I manage a small team of structural engineers building mathematical models of aircraft wings for all the airbus fleet!”
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.