AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth is looking for a Solution Architect (d/f/m) for the department Cloud & Automation.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Please submit your CV in English and German.
You will join “Cloud and Automation” Product Service Line inside the Information Management Technology Services Directorate organization. You will be part of a team which is building and operating new IT platforms and services adopting new Cloud technologies, automation, digital native skills and agile ways of working to accelerate our digitalization journey.
The team is about making the benefits of digital technologies available (Clouds, DevOps, Containers and End to End Monitoring) to Airbus Helicopters so we can bring value to market much faster, while retaining quality and scale, and making Life of Developers easier.
As a Solution Architect/Customer reliability engineer (d/f/m), your role is to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible in their journey to the Cloud including DevOps philosophy and tooling. In doing so, you are an important link between the customers and the Product teams and you reshape the traditional IT environments and designs to enable Cloud Platforms adoption in our business. You'll assist our customers by contributing to designs and implementing new infrastructure operating models that make best use of cloud solutions.
You'll combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges.
You will interact with the digital Accelerator based in Toulouse and most specifically with the Airbus Group Cloud Center Of Excellence (ZIIC). There's also interaction with the Technical transformation Backbones (ZIOC).
Scope (main activities, IM products, IM services)
· Private and Public Cloud
· End to End Monitoring
· Designing and implementing the automated infrastructure of the Airbus Helicopters Cloud Platforms via highly-available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services
· Optimizing resources utilization while guarantying applications performance and reliability
· Managing and forecasting platforms capacities and needs
· Developing, updating and using CI/CD pipelines to allow fully automated deployments of services across all environments from Development, Q&A, to Production
· Working in small and self-sufficient multi-disciplinary teams responsible for end to end product development
· Communication between the customers and the PSL product owners and reshape traditional IT environments and designs to enable Cloud Platforms adoption in our business
· Assist our customers by contributing to designs and implementing new infrastructure that make best use of cloud solutions at best price
You will also:
· Effectively manage the business demand for IT capabilities and solutions for his/her customers.
· Advocate IT services and products portfolio, identify needs for customization or integration between PSLs and bespoke add-ons if needed in coordination with Product and Service Line management and Enterprise Architecture.
· Ensure ICT roadmap for his/her Customer(s) aligns with business process optimization and organisational change management.
· Define and plan the various activities in relation with Product and Service Line managers and business contributors.
· Secure that the plan is acted upon and the value is delivered as planned. As needed, coordinate delivery of both IT products and services, of integrated solutions leveraging these services through Project and Program manager support.
· Notify the business of IT plans and changes, and their impact on business performance or plans.
· Guide the business in effectively investing in IT pushing preferably the standard catalogue of IT products and services.
· Showcase technology opportunities to the business.
· Lead the scoping process for cross product and service line solution delivery and coordinate.
· Secure that the overall business value is incrementally delivered. In particular, facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation between business and IT
· Communicate on value delivered according to-plan.
Competences, Methods & Tools
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· University degree (or equivalent) in IT or a related discipline
· Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud & DevOps platform deployments at scale:
- Cloud Platform like AWS, Agile, one cloud orchestration technology (CloudFormation, Terraform, bosh, libcloud, Spinnaker)
- OS automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc.)
- Container orchestration (OpenShift, Docker Swarn, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Orchestration and packaging (Jenkin, Artifactory Bamboo, Packer, Nexus)
=>any certification will be appreciated
· Strong Experience with PipeLine CI/CD applications (Jenkins, GitHub, Bamboo, Packer, Artifactory, GitLabCI, Nexus)
· Component Integration, IT Architecture Design, IT Product Design, IT Product Development
· IT & Business Strategy Alignment, IT/Business Change Management Business Plan Development, Technology Trend Monitoring
· Information & Knowledge Management
· Programme/Project Portfolio Control
· Proven track record working in Agile Scrum/Safe and/or Kanban projects
· High customer focus and Team Spirit
· Ease Communication and good writing skills
· Fluent in English
What do we offer:
· Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
· Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
· Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
· Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
· Flexible working hours
· Compatibility of work and family life
· Attractive remuneration
· Company Pension Scheme
· Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
· Catering facilities on site
In case you may have any further questions, please contact: email@example.com
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.