Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Take control of the aircraft and of your career by joining the Modelling and Simulation department in the Avionics & Simulation domain!
We deliver real time simulation of the complete aircraft for design engineers, test engineers, suppliers and airline pilots. We bring our knowledge of the aircraft and strong in-house technical expertise in software and hardware development to provide state-of-the-art simulation. Whether for troubleshooting the in-service aircraft, building the iron bird or prototyping the cockpit of the future, we offer tailored solutions to all aircraft programs.
Join our dynamic, close-knit community, with links extending across the Airbus Group, to get a grip on the complete aircraft and to boost your skills and network for the future. Our team spirit, innovative mindset and virtual aircraft will ensure that you never experience a dull moment.
For this specific position the job holder will integrate the Modelling and Multi-systems team which is in charge of providing simulation models representing all A/C systems and flight physics from ATA 00 to ATA 7x.
In the role of Model Engineer you will mainly be in charge of
· Specifying systems models in conformity with Simulation Technical Standards and end-users needs.
· Proposing innovative solution to ensure end-users needs are met
· Collecting, clarifying and challenging the needs expressed by the Design Office, the Testing teams, and the Flight Simulators manufacturers
· Designing and producing Aircraft systems models for various internal and external customers:
· Airbus Design Office
· Airbus Flight Tests team
· Flight simulator manufacturers
· Validating our simulation products in a real time environment, assessing its fidelity to the aircraft system behavior by performing standalone tests or full
· flight on representative bench such as A/C simulator.
· Providing support and expertise to Airbus internal users or external simulator manufacturers/airlines training centers after the model delivery.
We are looking for entry level candidates (up to 3-to-5-year experience) with the following skills and experience :
· Aircraft systems and flight physics knowledge
· Real-time simulation means knowledge
· Simulation application design and integration
· Formal specification tools such as SCADE, Matlab SIMULINK
· Software coding and programing languages such as Fortran, C++, JAVA
· Software configuration management (including tools such as SVN, Jenkins)
· English: fluent and French: upper intermediate level
· Team spirit and customer-oriented
Basic knowledge of MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) and/or data science would be appreciated.
This position will give you a wide overview of the whole AIRBUS aircraft family through systems architecture and functions.
You will be in contact with many different actors and stakeholders: system designers, simulation architects, testers, external suppliers and customers.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.