Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Electronic Assembly Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Elancourt.
To assure the quality of the materials and processes used in Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) for electronic products as required in space environment. In support to the business unit projects, this role covers engineering and manufacturing files validations until technological inspections.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• As Materials and Process Engineer, to satisfy internal customers (projects, product teams, manufacturing, procurement, design office, PA….) through the application of materials and processes knowledge of specialist. To assure performance of planned activities, on time and with respect to the governing product assurance requirements.
• To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
• To validate declared materials and processes lists and ensure that adequate materials and processes qualification has been achieved in accordance with projects constraints.
• To present and justify to the final customers the material and processes, and the validation programs that were applied.
• To insure deployment of these material and processes through implementation of the dedicated procedures, specification and all relative justification documents within manufacturing department.
• To validate the design drawing and the manufacturing files in accordance with qualified technologies and processes.
• To validate the technology conformity of the manufactured products, though Mandatory Inspection Point,
• To act as the Materials and Processes manager for one or more project/product teams. As the internal customer interface, resolve all materials and processes issues by using inherent materials and processes. knowledge or by facilitating the engagement of other specialised team members when necessary.
• To participate in risk reviews at all stages of product design, development and manufacture, ensuring that materials and processes risk retirement plans are carried through.
• To review and approve subcontractor/supplier materials and processes documentation. To monitor the technical performance of subcontractors and suppliers and participation to audits.
• To perform Material and Processes follow-up and contractual reviews at subcontractors companies level in support to the Airbus Defence and Space Satellite project teams. An evaluation of subcontractors through audit process can be realised on demand.
• To maintain awareness of developments in the field of materials and processes.
This role will involve travel for business, and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Degree level education preferred but also interested in candidates who are qualified by experience.
• Specialist materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, printed circuit boards, surface treatment.
• Customer and results oriented.
• Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability. Openness and flexibility.
• Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
• Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Synthesis facility.
• Advanced in English and fluent in French.