Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Digital Accelerator is an integral part of Airbus' IT department and is building and operating new business platforms and services adopting new technologies, automation, digital native skills and agile ways of working to accelerate our digitalization journey. The Digital Accelerator is about making the benefits of digital technologies available to Airbus so we can bring value to market much faster, while retaining quality and scale.
Are you passionate about IT, experienced in Cloud Technologies and convinced by the business added value of the digitisation?
Three vacancies of Site Reliability Engineer have arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
With the Digital Transformation of Airbus, the information technology of the company is completely redesigned, looking for creating added value for the business. Cloud is one of the main enabler of this transformation. In that context, Airbus IT teams are entirely reshaped and looking for new skills & potentials.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Designing and implementing the automated infrastructure of the Airbus Public Cloud Platforms via highly-available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services
• Being responsible for the operational availability of the Airbus Public Cloud Platforms
• Optimising resources utilisation while guarantying applications performance and reliability
• Developing, updating and using CI/CD pipelines to allow fully automated deployments of services across all environments from Development, Q&A, to Production
• Working in small and self-sufficient multi-disciplinary teams responsible for end to end product development.
This role will involve some travel for business from time to time and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud platform deployments at scale: AWS, Azure, Google, OVH knowledge (any certification will be appreciated)
• Experience with Linux (preferred) and/or Windows system administration
• Strong understanding of networking, systems architecture, and micro-services architecture
• Mastering of at least one cloud orchestration technology (CloudFormation, Terraform)
• Knowledge in OS automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc..)
• Experience with application orchestration and packaging (Jenkins, Bamboo, Packer, Artifactory, Nexus…)
• Test automation knowledge would be a bonus (Jira Xray, Postman, Cucumber, Selenium, pytest…)
• Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
• Proven track record working in Agile Scrum and/or Kanban projects
• Advanced level of English
• Advanced level of French would be a plus.