Airbus Helicopters SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
The Mission Management department is especially in charge of Tactical [Data] Mission Management Systems for Helicopters, that aim at gathering all information received from the different applicable sensors and data links in order to establish a common and comprehensive operational situation and operating picture to the crew.
The position applies to the whole Airbus Helicopters fleet, commercial and governmental Helicopters.
By joining this position, you will be part of a transnational team responsible for the design of the mission management systems (planning, execution, restitution) of all Airbus helicopters. These systems are nowadays becoming increasingly complex, connected and autonomous and we are looking for a highly motivated candidate able to master the aircraft and system level design of such complex system to reinforce the team.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Main Responsibilities :
In the frame of this position, in coordination with the Tactical Data Management System responsible, you will have the duty:
· To define a technical development strategy and have a good understanding of all activities (system, equipment, software, hardware) needed to develop, certify and qualify a complex mission management system and the related efforts
· To define technical requirement specification from aircraft level down to the purchaser technical specification based on inputs from Customer(s), from specialized teams (architects, software, hardware,…), in accordance with technology roadmaps
· To perform the analysis of received technical proposals from suppliers, clarify open technical topics, optimize the development logic based on best practices and programme(s) constraints
· To challenge the suppliers during technical reviews regarding their solutions and costs
· To support the Human Machine Interface (HMI) team during the harmonization of HMI-Concept
· To produce documents for configuration-Management and for the installation into helicopters
· To update/produce/link requirements in requirement management tools (e.g.: DOORS)
· To support tests on integration benches and if required, on the helicopters (ground and flight tests)
· To analyse tests results, identify issues for failed tests and look for the root causes
· To produce documents for qualification and certification activities (e.g.: Engineering-/Ground-/Flight Test Requests-/Orders and Reports, Qualification Program, Verification and Substantiation Reports)
· To influence the technology roadmaps related to mission management systems (planning, execution, restitution) based on your understanding of the mission of the Customers and future technologies (short, middle, long term), in coordination with central Airbus CTO (Chief Technical Officer) organisation
· To embody Airbus values (Safety, customer focus, integrity, respect, creativity, reliability and teamwork) which shape the DNA of our business
The position is located preferably in Marignane (France), otherwise in Donauwörth (Germany). However, in order to ensure a close coordination between AH (Airbus Helicopters France), AHD (Airbus Helicopters Germany) and other divisions from Airbus, business trips in Europe might be required. Furthermore, business trips to Suppliers' or Customer’s premises (all around the world) might also be required on a need to have basis.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Educated to 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in aeronautic, avionic, mission system.
· Previous experience(s) in mission management systems development (system, equipment, software) on any airworthy platform is expected from the candidate
· Knowledge of Tactical Data Link, Manned-Unmanned Teaming, Networks and Cyber Security, would be of advantage
· Previous experience(s) in technical coordination of a Supplier’s complex equipment would be of advantage
· Knowledge of Airbus SPXs or ABDs would be of advantage (Avionics environmental conditions)
· INCOSE certification would be of advantage
· Experience(s) with SAFe would be of advantage
· Language Skills: Negotiation level in English (mandatory), French or German would be a plus
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.