Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: 6th July 2020
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
Working with the Tooling and Calibration teams, you will be at the forefront of delivering Digital solutions to improve business performance in line with Industry standards and vision. In a truly multi-functional team you will have the opportunity to work with IT, Operations, Quality & Manufacturing Engineers to deliver Innovative ways of improving business performance and intelligence in line with Airbus's key digital competencies as well as preparing the plant for the future through up-skilling our people in Digital ways of working, whilst continuing to maintain control of our tool management throughout any transformational change process.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
· Based on data modelling provided by IT and with a focus on business needs, extract and integrate both structured and unstructured data from various databases/data-stores/KPI’s
· Develop, test and implement the most suitable analytical models to identify meaningful patterns or trends from complex data sets and types.
· Drive improved quality control measures through review of processes and implement improvements
· Implement the analytics pipeline against the business needs.
· Analyse and improve regularly the accuracy of models against business needs.
· Communicate findings through effective and easy-to-understand data visualisations adapted to the audience.
· Be the interface between their functions, the data ecosystem and the requested solution
· Coach the function in the data-driven mind-set.
· Actively contribute and share best practices, findings, and techniques with the wider data community.
· Highlight process issues and risks and contribute to resolutions with key stakeholders
· Delivery of Digital Solutions to resolve business problems
· Automation of Data Gathering and representation via our Big Data Platform
· Support development of Digital Applications
· Ensure EASA compliance is built into every solution
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
· You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in Computer Science or data analytics, statistics or mathematics with knowledge of Python and SQL advantageous
· Strong skills in querying languages such as SQL
· Strong skills in scripting languages such as Python
· Good knowledge of Statistical Languages such as R, SPSS preferred
· Strong knowledge in MS Applications, G Suite a plus.
· Good level of Statistical knowledge coupled with problem solving skills
· Good planning skills and process competence
· User friendly, practical and proactive in their approach.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com . Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.